Wednesday, August 17, 2011

USCIS approval delay

Remember, almost two weeks ago we received our home study, and I was in Oregon at that time visiting my parents.
So, when my husband(he had to stay home and go to work every day )  told me that we got home study in the mail, I was very exited. First thing that cross my mind was "I should e-mail our home study agency to make sure they send our home study to USCIS", since we are needed only home study to be invited for finger prints, and get our approval". But I assumed that our agency did it, because they did it last time, during our first adoption. After coming home to California, I was keep thinking to e-mail our agency, and I never did. I was busy with school starting, and other things around the house.  Also I was waiting for letter from USCIS to get fingerprinted.

So, today, almost two weeks later I found out that we, ourselves have to mail our home study to USCIS office. We lost almost two weeks of doing nothing. I am very disappointed but trying to look at the brighter side of this little delay. God is in control, and he has perfect timing for everything. I remember our last adoption, and we had a lot of bumps here in USA with our paperwork. Only later we found out that only one day before our appointment with SDA, our son's case become available for adoption, and we were the first family who they showed Daniel's file. If everything would go smooth, and there would be no delays during our first adoption we would never meet Daniel.

I can say for now God is amazing God, and everything happens for a reason.

Our home study in the mail to USCIS  (hoping we will get invitation for fingerprints soon). Please pray with us!

No comments: