Friday, February 17, 2012

"I will not give you to someone else. "

Since we brought our son home, little bit over 2 years ago, he always gives us "love" little notes. I love receiving them from him. DJ is very loving boy, and he loves to show it. When we just brought him home he would not stop kissing us and he would do it every where home, in public, church, I really mean everywhere. lol
When I was growing up, as a child I never worried that my parents will give me away. DJ knows that we are his family and we love him, and no matter what happens in life he will be always our son.
When he writes his notes, he always mentioning "I will not give you to someone else", "I will always love you" "I will never forget you". For him it's really important to let us know that this is how much he loves us.  It's been more then two years and I am not sure how long will it take him to heal completely.
  I just cannot imagine how deeply his heart is broken. We are praying that God will heal DJ completely.


DJ 's English is improving. I think he is doing good job on being home only 2 years, and living in Ukrainian family. At our home we do speak only Ukrainian. Also we do work with DJ on his Ukrainian everyday, reading and writing. I know that it make is harder for him to learn English, but it will be nice if he can keep Ukrainian.  I really do want our kids to be able to read and write in Ukrainian.

Last note I got was today(for Valentines day) :
It's hard to see on the picture, so I will type it here:

Dear Mom,  
 Mom I love you wery moch. Mom I love you, you and dad are the best parents. I want give you to some one els noul. Mom I'm sall sarry for bing min to you and dad. I will never forget you and I love you. Mom I love you. I will for get you all the time. Love you Mom. 


                                                                                                 Love Daniel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great that you are speaking Ukrainian in the home. I wish we knew the language, we would speak it everyday. Sweet DJ.

Blessings, Kelly