Monday, October 19, 2009

Appointment date!!!

ok, I was not ready for this.......are you ready??? :)))))))

We have our appointment date on November 10th, in 3 weeks!!! Tomorrow our facilitator will get official confirmation regarding the date and time. Wow, i 3 weeks from tomorrow we will have our appointment, in 2, 5 weeks we will have to leave!!!

I am dreaming :)))))))))) I can believe it's actually happening. Soon we will have our child/ren with us, and if everything is good we should make it back home by Christmas!!!!!

Please if anyone can, what kind of games, things to do 6-10 year old like? What kind of stuff it's good to take with us to keep them busy in airplane? What can we play, do on our every day visits , when we will meet them, and come to visit in orphanage??? Anyone can help?

Thank you so much

2 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I just sent you an email with the packing list. We adopted William when he was 5 years old. We took a little backpack with us for him (gave it to him on Gotcha Day). It had some matchbox cars, crayons, coloring book, soft mini football, travel size play-do, toy airplane (great for talking about going to America!!!), sippy cup, action figures (typically they were toys we'd gotten from kids meals at places like McDonalds), headphones (great for the airplane, and he could listen to our ipod some), travel size Magna Doodle, flashcards (to teach colors and numbers - I wrote the Russian words on teh back of them so we could say things like "Pah Roosky krah-snee, pah Anglayskey, red"), and a small stuffed animal. Each day when we visited, I took a small bag with me that had a snack in it (a juice box and something like a banana, apple & peanut butter, cookies, or crackers), and also took a couple of the toys each day. I tried to change things up so he didn't get bored. We also bought a mini-set of Ukraine's version of legos, called Bricks. They're very inexpensive, and he loved playing with them. You can buy them from street vendors or at most any store (we bought them at the grocery store in region).
We also had our laptop with us and we packed some Disney movies and Pink Panther DVD's. That was good for downtime in the apartment, and he even watched some on the airplane, until the computer battery died.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer D. sent me the link to your blog and I wanted to reach out to you. We also have an SDA appointment on 11/10! This will be our second Ukrainian adoption, we adopted our son, who is almost four, from Khmelnytsky in December 2007.

I am so excited for your family and I will keep you all in my prayers!

If you want to contact me, e-mail me at kellydaniel@comcast.net.

Kelly Daniel