Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ukraine or Russia?

We are still trying to decide, and see where God is wants us to go. We were praying and asking God, if He wants us to go to Russia we will need to have all the money soon, but..... We have no money, and we will need a big amount to be able to adopt from Russia through agency...
Also we saw two kids on one of the websites and we were open to adopt them. Those kids needed home study ready family which we were not, we had only 5 weeks to complete our home study, but there is no way we can get ready in 5 weeks.
We talked to agency which is listing two kids, and they said that Russia is very strict with international adoptions, and our income will be a problem/not enough. This agency did have a problem in that region with different family, when judge didn't let the other family complete their adoption do to their income(and the other family were making more money then we do). With all this problems that we might have with Russia, we feel confident to start our paperwork and go to Ukraine. Unless later God will change everything and in His power will change all the circumstances and we will end up in Russia. :)))  We have no problems with that.... :)

Also we will feel more comfortable in Ukraine, we know a lot their because we are originally from Ukraine. And somewhere deep in my heart I want to take all my kids to Ukraine with me (crazy) :)) but my husbands dad is in Ukraine, and he didnt' see our 1 year old, and our older son yet , so it would be fun to go and see grandpa lol.

 I really want to accomplish while in Ukraine. Be able to go to Danik's orphanage and see his caretaker, I still talk to her, and send her letters and pictures once in a while.

I really, really, really want to go to city where my son Danik  was born and try to find his family, maybe get some baby pictures. I really want to do this.  

I think this enough,  I am in the writing/typing mood today lol

No comments: