Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 19 Thursday -Court day



 *****I have all the notes from days I missed blogging. And now I will try to post them to the blog, for everyone

It was a miracle that our papers did get sign on June 6 and we did receive our papers the same day. Also, our judge was on vacation starting Friday. Ukrainian court has a law, if judge is gone up to 10 days, judge can’t give his hearings to other judge. We would have to wait for 10 days for our judge to come back, and schedule a court.

Today is a court day. We should have our court at 3pm.  We are excited and nervous at the same time. Sergey and I couldn’t sleep well this night; our minds were working, thinking.
Since I will be going back to US, and I do need to sign few papers at notary office and embassy before I leave.
We left our house around 11 am, Our facilitator and his wife came to take us to notary office, and while waiting for notary to prepare all required paperwork, we went to eat to “Pirizhkova Hata” again (we had only coffee this time).
At 1:30 pm we caught a taxi and headed to the orphanage to pick up boys and a person who will represent orphanage in the court, and by 2 pm were on our way to court.
Court didn’t start on time and we had to wait. Boys and Elliana were very tired, but during court everyone did well. By 5 pm we were home, hungry, tired but a bigger family! We are so blessed to be parents to two wonderful boys! We know that not everything will be easy, and parenting them will be challenging sometimes, but are great boys and they are our sons. We love them and so thankful to our got for them!


Sergey feelings about court: I was stressing about court all day and all night, even at night I woke up a lot of times. In the morning in my head was going on so many thinking like: “what if judge will leave for vacation, what if she will reschedule court, what if she will not accept us and act…” I trust God, but couldn’t control myself. I couldn’t eat, drink, walk, talk, I couldn’t do anything normal. At the court I tried to respond clearly and loud but it was scary even to say something in front for judge, but thanks God she decided to let us to adopt kids. After that decision I felt some relive, but stress didn’t leave me that easy, on next day I still could fill some stress and worry. I am thanking God that everything went good and we are parents to Danik and Stasik.


2 comments:

Christie M said...

Oh I remember the same type of feelings. We worried about our judge going on vacation. In fact, he was taking calls from his wife during the hearing, planning for the vacation he was going on after we were done! LOL

We were warned that we could face very difficult questioning because Erika is handicapped. Instead, we went in and he smiled at us and asked us our names, address etc. Then, the only question.... "Is it hard having so many kids?"
We said, it is a "joy".
And then he granted the adoption.
We were both in shock had had stern warnings not to smile too much.
So we gave serious spaciba's. Then he said, "Aren't you happy? You aren't smiling!" Then everybody laughed. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the honesty in your writing, particularly Sergey. Blessings, kelly