Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 22- Sunday traveling home


Sunday was very stressful day. Few days before I had to leave my husband tried to find someone to pick me up at the San Francisco International Airport and drive me home, and we live 1,5-2 hours, 90 miles away from airport.
Long story short, Sunday morning we had no one available to come and pick me up. I left Ukraine not knowing if there will be anyone at airport, or I will have to walk 90 miles to get home J with baby and suitcases.

Customs were easy and quick 15 minutes max, I did have to wait for a baggage for about 40 minutes, and I was out of airport.

When I landed in San Francisco, I did call my sister, and found out that I do have a car waiting for me at airport(my brother and my brother in law did drop off a car for me), with a key taped to the back bump. Yes, after traveling almost 15 hours, and not sleeping for more than 20, I had to drive another almost 2 hours to get home. Baby was screaming almost all the way home, and only felt to sleep for 15 minutes. She was very tired, and forgot what is car seat is about and she couldn’t fall to sleep. But we are thankful for everything, and feel really blessed. It’s all memories, and we will have something to remember and talked about. J

I am thankful to God, and I know that many people were praying for our safe travel back home, by the time I got home, I were not sleepy, and didn’t feel being overly tired.

Once I got home it was a different story, I was really tired, even I had very easy flight and baby did really well in airplanes.

I was so happy to see boys, and boys were very excited. I am so happy to be home and start ruling again in my “Castle” J I do miss Sergey a lot, and miss my boys back in Ukraine. Can’t wait to have them home, and have a complete family.

We went to bed around 8:30 pm and woke up at 7:30 am. Baby woke up only once at night, and this was it. We were switched to US local time from first night. I am thankful to God for that, because I was worried a lot about time changing.


From Sergey:

We woke up at 2 am and after quick coffee my wife and baby were ready to leave to airport. There was guy from orphanage who offered to give us ride that was so much blessing for us, and we didn’t have to pay taxi.

Around 3:30 am we came to the Borispil airport, after checking baggage my wife headed to the security check. It was so sad to let here go, and do rest of the process without her besides me, but it was best decision for our family. I kissed here, sad her good bye and return to the house. In the morning I realize, now it is all me, whatever is going to take to finish adoption; I have to be strong and have to be here.

 At 3 pm I went to see boys, there were so happy to see me. Everything went smooth except there is no light in whole city due to the stormy weather.  We spend so much time taking and playing. I love them so much and can’t wait to get them home. Danik and Stasik keep asking how long is going to take to adopt them, and fly home, they can’t wait to leave the orphanage. So I told them news that on Wednesday I will move in to the orphanage and will leave with them- orphanage director and foster parents did offered me a room in the orphanage for free. Boys were so happy. Around 8 pm I came home so tired because didn’t get enough sleep. So I went to bad right away. At 1am my wife called and did let me know that she landed safe in the San Francisco, and heading home to Sacrament, I felt even more relived.

3 comments:

Christie M said...

The last week of adoption seems to be the most stressful. It is like the last part of labor pains before the baby comes. And then, there is joy and relief.
You will all be together soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I well up with tears when I read this. You are good people.

When we adopted Alina and Tori and the boys left to go back home and I stayed behind to finish the adoption process, I remember how lonely and quiet it was. I feel for Sergey.

I am going to pray that everything goes great and they get home safely and quickly.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thank you all so much for following your blog, praying and commenting. It means a lot to us and give us support we need the most.
Sergey