Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 30 Monday 10 day waiting period is over



At 7:30 am I arrived to Kyiv, where our facilitator picked me up around 9 am and we went straight to pick up our papers from court since 10 days waiting period passed. When we got to the court at 10 am nobody was there. Our judge is on vacation, and her staff decided to take a little vacation also :)  

 I went to orphanage to drop off my staff and wait to hear any news from Valentin- our facilitator. Valentin went back to the court to wait and try to pick up our decree. 

 I was tired from train (got only few hours of sleep) so I  went to sleep in boys bedroom(boys were not there when I came). 

Two hours later I heard noises  and open my eyes. That was Danik and Stasik jumping around  me so happy. We spend some time together sharing thing we did during those days, when  I got call from Valentin that he did pick up our  papers from court and I need to get boys ready and take them to do a picture for passports. 

So later that day we went to downtown and got pictures done.  Boys saw little play area with inflated jumping houses on our way there and asked me if they can play there. So my answer was simple: “If you behave, I will let you”. They tried so hard and were well behaved boys , and so we did go there after we were done with pictures. 

Playground has rules like you can’t climb up the slides only on stairs.. Of course boys where so excited to play and  tried everything they could. The owner gave them warning not to do that.. and I remind them if they won’t listen they couldn't be there any longer.  So after jumping house we went to little play house with a lot of sleds, climbing walls and balls. Rules are same and I reminded all rule to them again just in case :) After a couple of minutes I noticed that Stasik disobeying and playing the way he wanted, braking the main rule, not climb the slide. So I told him to leave play area and sit next to me.. He was disappointed and asked  sorry many times, I told him that I forgive you but I can’t let him play there again because I warn him many times.  Also I tried to make a point that there is rule for everyone to follow, and it's not safe to climb on the slide and not following certain rules.

 I think he got a lesson because next time he said he will do everything to behave and be better, and play longer. After that we got some ice cream and went back. At night we had dinner together and tea.. I played with them little bit and it was time for bad. I prayed with them, kissed them,  and said good night.  This is it for  very exciting  day.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Dad. Blessings, Kelly