Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 20-Friday


On Friday we went to embassy to sign all the paperwork needed for adoption so I could leave the Ukraine and go to the kids.  It was so fast and easy: after we went inside it took us like 15 minutes to do it all. Then my daughter Elliana felt hungry so we went to McDonalds because she like’s fries.  Prices are so expensive high; everything is almost the same price as in US McDonalds.

My husband got a coffee, so he can be more awake and helpful after court stress.  J He still didn’t function to well.

After that we shopped at market to buys some more things for trip to USA.  It was last time at Petrovsky market for me so I bought few things: books, coloring books (in Ukrainian, and cheap), and few crafts for kids while they are on the plane.

Then we went to Ashan to buy some food for my husband and orphanage. There we met with Valentine, and he had news from court.  He spend 4 hours in the court to check and correct all our paper work, and he told us that on Monday June 18 we could get papers from court.

We spend another hour talking and brainstorming about return date for my husband. Trying to figure out and get tickets. If everything goes well, then on June 28 Sergey will fly home with kids, I am so excited about that. J  After that we went home to have some rest, because on Saturday will be party for boys at orphanage. Every time when kid getting a family, at this orphanage they have tradition to have go away party.  They invite staff that was involved in kid’s life, relatives, director of the orphanage we will meet with boy’s grandpa. I am looking forward this party, and especially meeting boys grandpa. We heard a lot about him, and he is the one who were trying to help boys have a better life. He fought hard and for more than 5 years to get boys out of their “parents” hands.

I am so excited to see him, but Sergey so worry that something can go wrong and Grandpa can change his mind and decided to leave boys in Ukraine, but I know that everything in God’s hands.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love reading your posts. You are so right. God has everything under control.

Tina