Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 32


Wednesday
Today I took boys with me to Kiev, because the office we were in today had to   verify kids, take picture, in order to finish our paperwork. So I reminded Danik and  Stasik how to behave, and they did promise to listen.

 First we went to ZHEK so boys can be taken from records as resident of Kyiv. We had to wait about 2 hours.  Thanks God that every where we went there always were play areas near, so Danik and Stasik was able to stay busy and burn their energy, because I understand it is very hard for kids just sit next to office door for at least 1 hour. After ZHEK we went straight to institution where they do passports,  but we were very late so our facilitator's wife (she was a driver) had to drive very fast. Everyone who been to Kiev, and saw the way they drive, it's scary, crazy with no rules followed. 

Our  driver was trying to drive fast through all the traffic, and was going faster then usual. Me and boys were sitting on back seats. Boys asked me why there is seatbelt, and why they have to use it ,if they feel safe, and I explained them that accidents happened very fast and seatbelt can save your life. I tried explain, and did tell them to put seat belts on. I wasn't very firm with this, but I did try. I know that in Ukraine nobody drive with seat belt on, and it's ok. Police usually doesn't even give tickets. Boys didn't seem to understand why they have to put seat belts on, until one car almost hit us and our driver had to use emergency brakes.Boys  almost kissed a seat upfront of them.  After that I told them “: see.. in these cases seatbelt will keep you in your seat and nothing will happen. You will not hurt yourself ! ” In second boys looked at each other , with no words said, they  very quickly put seat belts on and till we arrived 40 min later to destination, boys didn't even try to take them off or complain about seat belts. I am thanking God for that nice lesson He gave them, I know it was scary, and it could be even worst, but God did keep us safe, and there was no accident. We are thankful to our God for being with us, and saving our life's. 
And know I know that boys will get this lesson and remember for long time. We came home latte, tired but full of emotions.

No comments: